Sunday 18 February 2007

Welcome to the Valley...

Welcome to my Blog. I'm Andy Bell and this is the diary of my solo motorcycle ride from the UK to South Africa via the West coast of Africa. I'll be leaving the Breamish Valley in Northumberland, UK on 4th March and hope to arrive in the Breede Valley in Western Cape, South Africa in mid-June.

My planned route takes me through Spain, Morocco, Western Sahara, Mauritania, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Nigeria, Cameroon, Gabon, Congo, DRC, Angola and Namibia. Of course, I'll probably get lost and end up in Russia.

I'll be riding my 2004 KTM 640 Adventure, which is called 'Naartjie'. It's a really garish orange colour, so you'll be able to follow our progress on Google Earth.

At the moment, the pre-departure preparations continue apace. I'll write just before I set off with news of how they all went! Andy :-)

6 comments:

AlienFauna said...

Are you sure that you haven't made some of these countries up? :)

Best of luck with the trip!

North Horse said...

If you discover some (or any) profound ancient truths out there, don't forget to come back and share it/them with your Homies.

If you don't, don't forget to come back and admit to the same, sheepishly.

Anonymous said...

It all sounds a bit drastic, to avoid working, you could have tried throwing a sickie, like the rest of us.

Have a good trip!

North Horse said...

Africa, Motor-Bike
I'll cross the desert if I like.
Bit bloody hot, though.



(In the style of Alien Fauna)

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your trip, will wife miss you? only gone for 101 nights :-)

Anonymous said...

Well written article.